The purpose of the NAPHS Youth Services Committee is to promote the need for behavioral health treatment, education, and rehabilitation services for troubled youth; to get more visibility for youth services; and to raise youth services on the national agenda. The committee addresses public policy issues related to youth services and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. The Board established the committee in 1998 as a way of elevating youth service issues on the association’s overall agenda.
The committee has helped NAPHS to launch a major national and grassroots campaign to “Make Behavioral Health for Youth a Priority.” This ongoing effort is designed to help policymakers and community leaders understand the importance of meeting the behavioral health needs of our nation's youth.
Priority advocacy areas are to fight for expanded coverage for behavioral health care for youth, improved coordination of care, and fair funding.
The committee includes:
- Pat Connell, R.N., M.B.A., F.A.C.H.E., C.B.H.E., C.H.C., VP of Behavioral Health, Compliance & Government Relations, Boys Town Behavioral Health Division, NE
- Anne Anthony, Chief Executive Officer, Willow Crest Hospital, Inc., OK
- Samuel Bastien, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Four Winds Hospital-Saratoga, NY
- Neil Campbell, President & CEO, WoodRidge Behavioral Care, LLC, TN
- Lee D'Attilio, Social Worker/Counseling Inpatient Coordinator, Spring Harbor Hospital, ME
- Isa Diaz, Vice President Public Affairs, Universal Health Services, Inc., FL
- Leonard F. Dziubla, D.C.S.W., F.A.C.H.E., President & Chief Executive Officer, Phoenix Care Systems, Inc., WI
- Ray Heckerman, Group Director/Chief Executive Officer, Universal Health Services, Inc., GA
- Jim Igo, Vice President, INTEGRIS Mental Health, Inc., OK
- Al Jansen, Corporate Director, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, IN
- Amanda Loving-Moses, Executive Vice President Operations, Sequel Youth and Family Services, IA
- Gina Meadows, Director, Bridges Residential Treatment Center, VA
- Hank Milius, President/Chief Executive Officer, Meridian Health Services, IN
- Joel V. Oberstar, M.D., Chief Executive Officer/Chief Medical Officer, PrairieCare, MN
- Kevin Sheehan, President & CEO, Community Intervention Services, Inc., MA
- Alex Stavros, Chairman, President, and CEO, CALO, MO
- Ted Suhl, Chief Executive Officer, Millenia Healthcare, Inc., AR
- Matt Wiltshire, Ed.D., M.P.H., CEO/Administrator, Millcreek of Arkansas, AR
- Sharon Worsham, Division Vice President, Universal Health Services, Inc., OK
- Kathleen McCann, R.N., Ph.D., Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs, National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems, Washington, DC